Social apps like TikTok and Instagram are the bread and butter of building an online business or personal brand. They are the best way to connect with customers and followers while showing off what you have to offer at the same time. Which is one of the reasons it’s so important to add a link to your TikTok bio. That way, when someone discovers you and wants to learn more, you have the option to point them to another page to learn even more. Whether that be a personal portfolio, a store page, or even just another social media platform.
Want to add a link to your TikTok bio? Keep reading to see what kind of links you can add to your TikTok bio. Plus, you’ll learn everything you need to set this feature up on your own page.
How to add a link to a TikTok bio without a business account
First, let’s talk about the elephant in the room. The only way to have a customized, clickable link in your bio is with a business account. You can read more about how to convert your account later in the article. However, you’re not totally out of luck if you don’t want to convert your account, either.
What links can you add to a personal TikTok bio?
If you want to add your personal website into your TikTok bio, you definitely can do that. It just won’t be clickable. As such, your URL should be something short and easy to remember. But honestly, asking people to remember a URL and type it in by hand is a tall order.
It’s worth noting that you can add links to other social media platforms that you’re on, like Instagram or YouTube. Your followers will be able to click on those links and go to your page on those platforms.
How to put a link in your TikTok bio
Adding an Instagram or YouTube link to your bio is really easy. All you have to do is:
- In TikTok, tap Profile.
- Hit the Edit profile button.
- Now tap Add Instagram or YouTube to your profile.
- Log in to those platforms.
How to add a link to your TikTok bio with a business account
As you read earlier, the surefire way to add personal links to your bio is to convert your TikTok account to a business account. The good news is that it’s actually quite easy to do that. In fact, here’s how you do it:
- In TikTok, tap the Profile tab.
- Tap the menu button in the top-right corner.
- Tap Manage account > Switch to Business Account > Next.
- Select what category your business falls under and hit Next to finish.
Now that you’ve converted to a business account, this is what you need to do to add a personal link to your bio:
- Go into the Profile tab (if you’re not there already).
- Tap Edit profile > Add your website.
- Type in your URL and click Save.
Why can’t I add a link to my TikTok bio?
Even after you’re a business account, you still might run into issues adding a link to your TikTok bio. Here are a couple of frequently cited issues that may cause problems with links:
- Computer browser: Right now, only the TikTok mobile app will allow you to add clickable links to your bio. So, make sure you’re on your phone and not your computer.
- Personal account: This reason is the most common. You still have a personal account instead of converting it to a business one.
- The feature is not enabled on your account: While TikTok has rolled out this feature to almost everyone at this point, some people still don’t have this enabled. If that’s the case for you, unfortunately, there’s nothing that can be done about it yet.
Adding a link to your TikTok bio is a great way to drum up business. It’s how you can lead people directly to your online store or show off your portfolio of work. Hopefully, after reading this article, you’re now able to quickly and easily convert your page to a business account. And if you ever decide you want to start from scratch, here’s how you delete your TikTok account and what happens when you do.