Many apps on the App Store use a freemium model. That means their app is free to download, but to upgrade and access some features requires a payment. And in quite a few cases, that paid upgrade turns out to be a monthly or yearly subscription.
What do you do if you decide you don’t want to keep the subscription going? Or what if you signed up for a free trial but then decided you wanted to cancel? This article will demonstrate how to cancel subscriptions using only your iPhone.
How to cancel all subscriptions on iPhone
In an attempt to make things more convenient for you, Apple has created two different ways to cancel your subscriptions. Both are also great ways to track what subscriptions you already have. We all know how easy it is to sign up for things one moment and forget about them the next.
Honestly, it’s probably a good idea to periodically use one of these methods to ensure you haven’t signed up for something you don’t need.
The best thing to keep in mind is that you don’t have to wait until the day your subscription expires to cancel it. If you just paid for another month or have a couple of days left in your trial that’s okay. When you cancel a subscription that just means it won’t auto-renew, but the remainder of your current subscription cycle will continue. No more accidentally paying for another month because you forgot to cancel it on time.
How to cancel subscriptions on iPhone in the App Store
The first way to cancel your subscriptions is done right in the App Store. All you have to do is follow these steps:
- Open the App Store.
- Tap on your profile photo/avatar.
- Select Subscriptions.
- Then, tap on any of your active subscriptions.
- Hit Cancel Subscription.
- Finally, tap Cancel to confirm.
How to cancel monthly subscriptions on iPhone using the Settings app
You can also drop any of your subscriptions with the Settings app instead. Use these instructions:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap [your name] > Subscriptions.
- Select any of the active subscriptions.
- Then, tap Cancel Subscription.
- Hit Cancel again to confirm.
Why can’t I cancel a subscription on my iPhone?
If you’re following the steps above but not seeing the specific subscription listed, here are a couple of reasons that could happen:
- It’s already canceled. Maybe you ended your subscription and forgot. If that’s the case, you should be able to see it listed in the “expired” section.
- The subscription isn’t through the App Store. Some services like Adobe Creative Cloud or Netflix allow you to sign up through their website, in addition to the App Store. If you signed up through their website, you’d need to cancel it that way too.
- There’s an error with the app. On rare occasions, a subscription might not be showing up through the App Store, and you may need to reach out to the app developer directly.
Obviously, using your iPhone isn’t the only way to cancel your App Store subscriptions. You can use any of your Apple devices. But iPhone tends to be the most convenient device to do it on.
So, next time your mind starts to wander and you randomly remember that subscription you signed up for – you’ll be able to pull out your iPhone and cancel it immediately. It really is that easy! And you can stop worrying about wasting money on subscriptions you never use.